Are you struggling to access blocked websites due to government restrictions or just want to have a safe browsing experience? You are in the right place. Using the VPN networks is the right solution, so let’s take a closer look.
What Is VPN? An Ultimate Beginner’s Guide
A VPN provides a connection through the internet, and it connects remote devices to their office’s server. In this guide, we’ll give you complete information about what’s a VPN? the benefits, and how to choose a secure VPN service without leaking your IP address.
What Is A VPN?
A VPN or Virtual Private Network is a software program you install on your device that provides security and privacy when using an internet connection. One of the purposes of using a VPN is to trick the internet service provider by showing them that the user is in a different country by changing your IP address.
How Does A VPN Work?
In simple words, a VPN is like a protective tunnel between your device and internet connection that also secures your traffic. Whenever internet data passes through the tunnel, it encrypts the entire data. As a result, it becomes impossible for anyone to read that data. While using a VPN service, your system connects to a VPN server in any country. As your internet activity becomes invisible to your Internet Service Provider, they cannot spy on your online activities.
When Do You Need A VPN?
The most essential and basic need to use a VPN is to use the internet anonymously. If you want to hide your browsing activity and don’t want anyone to track it, using a VPN service is all you need. This service gives you complete freedom to use the internet securely and access any restricted content because you have protected internet traffic. Your encrypted data will prevent hackers from hacking your sensitive information.
Is Your VPN Leaking? How To Know If You Have a Good VPN?
There are many VPN services in the market. However, not all of them fulfill your requirement. To use the right one, you should consider the factors below:
- Don’t go for a free VPN: using a free VPN service will kill the notion of safe web browsing. Free VPNs are unsafe and dangerous Because they pay expensive bills to maintain their hardware and expertise. Using a free VPN means you compromise your data, or your system can catch malware from stealing your sensitive information in the worst case.
- Go for a VPN from a trusted company: while choosing a VPN service, it is essential to go for a trusted and reputable company. Before purchasing, read online reviews about their services to have enough data from previous users.
- Offering free trial and money-back guarantee: after connecting to a VPN, is expected to face some problems like slowing down your internet or leaking your IP address, so it’s crucial to test VPN first.
- Choice of selecting different locations: select a VPN service that allows you to pick a wide variety of areas, making your web browsing experience more effective. You can also gather much data by visiting various blocked websites from different locations.
- Price: another vital factor while choosing a VPN is the price should not be overly high. An excellent and secure VPN usually costs $9 to $20 monthly.
Top Benefits of Using a VPN
A good VPN is necessary for a safe and private browsing experience, but this is not the only reason a person needs to use a VPN. There are several other reasons discussed below:
Having A Peace Of Mind On Any Location
Be it a coffee shop or airport, if you happen to connect to a hacker on the same Wi-Fi router, you are highly vulnerable to hacker attacks. Not only is this a serious concern, but you can also compromise your clients’ sensitive information. So, when you use a VPN, you add an extra layer of protection to your system. And protect your data and identity.
You Can Find Cheaper Flights
You Can Work Anywhere
You might need to catch a flight to another country, and your client uses a CRM restricted to a specific location. While onboard, you cannot access the CRM and are stuck and unable to work overseas. When using a VPN, you can avoid the restrictions about your location and resume your work.
Browsing Anywhere Is Super Easy
The geographical restrictions on browsing are not limited to security companies; even Many big websites use these restrictions to monitor and analyze the traffic. You might need to view a few websites during your travel, such as Netflix or Hulu, to watch movies. So, if you want to use VPN while traveling as a freelancer, get your hands on a good VPN.
Escaping Government Surveillance
There are specific VPNs where governments allow surveillance agencies to spy on people. So, if you are a political activist or a fan of restricted content, it is good to avoid government surveillance and use a VPN outside these countries’ jurisdictions.
Accessing Content From Anywhere
Many websites block traffic from a specific region, so owning a VPN is a good idea to access such content. You can choose a VPN server and connect with the location where blocked content is available. Many remote workers face such issues as traveling or moving to another country. A VPN ensures that they can access content from anywhere and complete their work regardless of their location.
Prevent A Frozen Bank Accounts Abroad
Whether you are a freelancer or not, having your bank account frozen during traveling is the worst thing to happen to anyone. Imagine you are overseas, away from your home, and cannot access your bank account. None would ever want to experience this situation.
If you are a remote worker, chances are higher than receiving payment from your client. And if you are in dire need of money, it becomes mandatory to have a secured network to carry online transactions. This is another reason you must use a VPN while traveling as a freelancer. Your bank should not see you logged in from a foreign location.
This means they will freeze your bank account. And then you will need to call them and explain the situation. However, this also creates a stressful situation during your traveling. So, using a VPN from a remote location lets you carry out safe online banking without any hassle.
Tips To Choose The Best VPN Service
Now that you have sufficient knowledge about the VPNs to get started. Yet, it is essential to learn something about finding the right VPN for you. There are a lot of options out there. So, how do you decide which VPN is best for you?
Think, Why Do You Need A VPN?
If you think you should buy the first VPN you come to know about, you are wrong. With the changing needs, the type of VPN you should buy also changes. If you are looking for a VPN for your house, the one with multiple connections is the right fit. In the case of watching online streaming, you should consider a high-speed VPN with unlimited bandwidth.
Similarly, if you are a freelancer or a traveler relying on public Wi-Fi, your VPN should provide high security. As well, their servers should also be all over the world. Once you know the purpose of using a VPN, make a list of the features your VPN should have. Once finished, it will be easier to find the right one.
Match Your List With VPN’s Features
During this process, you will find a lot of VPNs. Each company claims a different feature—such as speed, anonymity, encryption, etc. For instance, if you want a VPN to use while traveling, a famous VPN for providing security should be your choice. And, if you are a journalist who needs complete privacy and anonymity, then a VPN with encryption is your best bet.
Your VPN Should Have High-Speed
By their nature, VPNs are slow. This is because they have to encrypt your data send it to another server. The longer your data travels, the slower the connection becomes. While other factors, such as encryption, network size, censorship, etc., also make connection slow. So it would help if you are looking for a fast VPN to ensure you don’t face any issues during traveling. Some of the fast VPNs are ExpressVPN, NordVPN, and Surfshark.
What’s The Best VPNs For Freelancers?
Want to know about the best VPNs for freelancers in 2022? See our list below:
- NordVPN: NordVPN is the fastest VPN with strong security. It also has more than 5600 global servers. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Express VPN: this VPN is highly secured with advanced privacy features. With its military-grade encryption, it protects your device and data.
- CyberGhost: for fast streaming, this VPN is best. It also offers secure torrenting for desktops. However, they have limited mobile apps (Android and iOS)
- Surfshark: a good option for those looking for a budgeted VPN with unlimited devices available.
- Private Internet Access: for advanced users, this VPN is an ideal one. It has a customizable network, security settings, and privacy. Yet, it is not famous for unblocking blocked websites.
To Sum Up
With the rise in the number of freelancers, VPN is becoming the need of the hour. There are several reasons that you may need to use a VPN, from solid security to accessing blocked websites. Moreover, with plenty of options available, you should pick the right VPN for your needs. Also, don’t take the risk of compromising your data by using a free VPN to save a few bucks! Good luck.